BELLA PAGE

BELLA PAGE

Friday, January 8, 2010

Burlesque

I get asked all the time about Burlesque and how I got into it. Well it is not as easy as it looks and I still learn from others . I enjoy a lot of old school Burlesque performers , GYPSY ROSE LEE - She was born JANUARY 11th 1911 - APRIL 26th 1970. GYPSY ROSE LEE barley took off anything but had that style of I am all woman and her tease was wonderful. Also DIXIE EVENS - Born Mary Lee Evans in 1926, Dixie began her career doing some modeling and chorus parts in army touring shows. In the late 40's she also made some cheescake reels for nickel arcade shows. Her only mainstream movie credit was in "The Greatest Show on Earth" where she played a harem girl.

Dixie began her career in Burlesque at the El Rey theater in Oakland in 1952 and worked the Kane circuit and houses through Dayton, Cleveland, Chicago and Boston. Her 5 '5", 37-26-37 frame became a headliner in every major city in the US. Retiring in 1967 Dixie has been running Exotic World: The Strippers Hall of Fame and Museum, which she had taken over from her friend Jennie Lee.

I hope this has helped you a little bit . I make A career out of performing and I hope I always get better. I do not know how I got so big so fast , But I do know that I wanted to break out of some of the scenes and I wanted to make sure I was known all over . And some ladies do not want to break away from that and that is fine . I practice A lot and soon I will put out some home videos to help some of the ladies who write me practice Burlesque. My biggest problem that I am trying to fix right now is that I am known to be A fast performer and I am trying to slow it down a bit lol I get so caught up in the moment that I just can not wait to release the tease ! I am going to start writing more about Burlesque. I am tired of getting worked up over other crazy stuff ! So if you have any questions please feel free to email me at Bellapageburlesque@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment